Monday, April 30, 2018

Modern and Marie-Antoinette Inspired

 From Maison Global:
No matter the room, Ms. Bikoff loves mixing modern and antique pieces. Her bedroom is no exception. “This is one of my favorite rooms as it reminds me of a more modern Marie Antoinette-inspired space,” she said. “A few amazing pieces live in my bedroom, like the chrome bench covered in Marc Jacobs ruffled velvet fabric and a Chinese black rug from the 1920s. The bedside table is a special piece because I added the floating glass top myself. It makes that space on either side of my bed feel more contemporary, due to the glossy surface atop the velvet cheetah-printed Italian side tables. When turned on, the Victorian heart lamp radiates the most beautiful pink hue and adds a romantic yet charming feel to the whole room.” The 18th century vanity, sourced at a Paris flea market, is a treasured piece, one that Ms. Bikoff thinks every woman should have. “I put the amethyst crystal knobs on and then I did the chair with the Hermès scarf stool,” she said. “I love that this vanity is such a throwback. I love things that make you feel nostalgic, and when you sit there and do your makeup, you feel so glamorous, like Marie Antoinette or Marilyn Monroe.” (Read more.)
Share

No comments: