Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Entertaining Tips

From Architectural Digest:
From the perfectly placed brass object to the seamless execution of an intensely geometric floor, Kelly Wearstler interiors are all about the details. And when it comes to entertaining, her standards are no different. A seasoned host of dinner parties and intimate soirées, Wearstler gives Architectural Digest the rundown on high-style entertaining.

The invitations: “I’ve started sending out digital invitations via Paperless Post for my holiday soirées. It’s environmentally friendly and just so convenient. It also keeps RSVPs updated to the minute, which takes the guesswork out of maintaining an accurate head count.”

The tunes: “When I send out invitations, I ask guests to submit a song request with their RSVP, then I create a playlist customized for the crowd. Spotify and Pandora are great resources for putting together the right soundtrack.”

To drink: “A Champagne cocktail with fruits like tangerines or cranberries is my signature holiday drink, but when I’m feeling adventurous, I always check the Cointreau website for new recipe inspiration. The Cointreau Berry Rickey and Apple Rosemary Rickey are easy to make and fit the holiday vibe.”

To eat: “I love to put together a spread of fruit, cheeses, almonds, walnuts, and truffle honey. Linda of Farmers Market Fairy sends me a list every week of the best new organic produce. She buys what I like and delivers it to the house. It’s like having a personal shopper for all of the local farmers’ markets.”

For a treat: “Guests love it when I serve Compartes chocolate bars and truffles during a soirée. Their chocolate is handcrafted using the finest ingredients, and the packaging is like mini works of art.”

The recipes: Sweet Paul magazine always has unexpected, unique recipes that are perfect for entertaining. Some of my favorites are Pink Vanilla Marshmallows with Candied Violets, Pistachio Date Balls, Spicy Fried Mixed Nuts, and Moscato Poached Pears, all on their website.”

Setting the table: “I mix and match my fine china patterns from Pickard for a fun, spontaneous vibe. My Bedford, Doheny, and Mulholland patterns complement one another so nicely and fit my go-to holiday palette of metallic hues and winter whites.”

The party favor: “I like to send guests home with a little something. I recently designed three Swiss-bound sketchbooks for Paper Chase Press, which offers monogram services. I will have my guests’ initials monogrammed in gold foil on the covers to make their gifts just a little more personal.” (Read more.)
Share

No comments: